Monday, October 21, 2013

Forgiving Myself

I think one of the biggest contributing factors to my depression (besides biology) is my inability to forgive myself for things I think I've done wrong.  I still feel guilt over things that happened years ago, like somehow by punishing myself for things that happened when I was 25 or 18 will somehow make me a better person.  But the reality is it will just continue to add to my negative feelings about myself.

I'm not entirely sure how to forgive myself but I'm reading up on it. I guess the first step is realizing that forgiveness is not the same as forgetting and forgiving myself for the things I think I've done wrong does not mean I won't grow and improve as a person.   It just means I'll stop torturing myself over things that I've done wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment