Saturday, October 19, 2013

I love my nose

A couple of days ago I came across a Tiny Buddah post that lead me to the article Silencing Your Inner Critic: You Don’t Need to Torture Yourself to Grow.  I realize that yet again I have allowed my inner critic to rear her nasty head and take control of my life.  She is a relentless bitch who at times will not let up on the negative thoughts about myself and what I have done wrong.

In the few days since I found the article I've been trying to think of things that I think are positive about myself and I've been drawing a blank.  So tonight when my brain was full of horrible thoughts about how I can't work and I'm horribly lazy (because depression makes everything so hard) and I'm a terrible person because I spend money I remembered one thing that I've always liked about myself.  I've always loved my nose, it's small and symmetrical and I've always liked it.  So tonight my mantra became "I love my nose" and I will continue to repeat that to myself when my thoughts go negative until I can come up with other things about myself that I like.

I'm going to have to rebuild my positive thoughts yet again.  How come I keep forgetting these when my mood gets so bad?  I guess I can't worry about that I just need to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment