Monday, October 7, 2013

Caregivers

Like any long term illness there are the caregivers around a bi-polar patient who put up with a whole lot of shit in order to care for someone who is sick.  The difference for caregivers of those with bipolar is that there is nothing visible, no reminders that the person in front of you is sick.  So when the person who is sick goes "off the rails" and isn't seeing the world as it truly is the caregivers can be treated with horrible disrespect.

I can't write any more on this topic without crying but there is a caregiver in my life who has taken care of me who has been through so much shit I can't even imagine and I will forever be grateful for everything he does.  He's still here no matter how hard I try and push him away because my brain tells me it would be easier if he just walked away.

I love you honey and I'm sorry that we have to deal with this as often as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment